Execution Trader - Posted 05Feb 2014
A growing Hedge Fund in NYC is looking for an experienced trader to monitor and execute trading strategies. The ideal candidate will be a mid level professional who has experience operating trading software. (We are not looking for discretionary traders or traders who want to deploy their own strategy).
Frequent interaction with the firm's other traders and senior management will be required so communication and collaboration skills are essential.
- Execute trades based on proprietary trading model.
- Work closely with operations team to ensure proper trade allocations and resolve breaks.
- Monitor the behavior of execution algorithms and partner with quants and senior management to improve execution quality and reduce market impact.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 4 years of direct automated trading desk experience.
- Execution Management Systems.
- Familiarity with the mechanics of securities markets, exchanges, and execution algos.
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter, quick learner, positive attitude, and team player.
- Strong analytical skills.
- At least 5+ years of experience working in a trading or markets oriented role.
- Expertise with options trading.
- Knowledge of the global markets and trade execution.